What is ASEAN CAREER FAIR with JAPAN ?
ASEAN CAREER FAIR with JAPAN was born in 2013 as a very first challenge aiming at uniting talented youth from all over South East Asia with excellent Japanese companies to build even greater future and ties together.
Now it's the one and only project with the initiative which connects all those stakeholders including universities in the region in the name of 'career' and 'human capital.'
With very successful launches in the last five years' implementation bringing so many actual career successes since 2013, ACF always seeks for more of what the future global society requires.
In order to contribute to stronger ASEAN-JAPAN ties by matching candidates, universities and Japanese firms, organizers have been devoted to bring even more and more happy results to every stakeholder.
ASEAN CAREER FAIR with Japan 2022
20 excellent Japanese companies will be there looking for talents from all over Southeast Asia. Participating companies will be listed soon with a wide range of jobs, from IT, banking, engineering & manufacturing, insurance to marketing and retailing.
Time & Place
Sat, 12 Feb. 2022 at Virtual Platform
Sun, 13 Feb. 2022 at Virtual Platform
13:00-17:00 (Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore)
12:00-16:00 (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam)
ON-LINE and FREE. The conditions to apply are as follows:
- The applicants will be graduating from the participating ASEAN universities within the next 18 months or graduated (see the list below). We welcome ALL degrees—BA, MA, MSc, PhD—in ALL majors and fields.
- The applicants will be required to submit their transcript. (A reference letter may be required in the post interview stages of the process.)
- The applicants need to be strongly interested and motivated in working for a Japanese company and need to be able to express why.
- The applicants should have command of business-level English (Japanese language proficiency not required, but might be an advantage in particular cases).
- The applicants will need to have login ID & password to enter the virtual platform.
REGISTRATION AND SELECTION
- Fill in the registration form as directed
- Upload your CV, transcript and reference letter
- After the initial screening process, selected candidates will be notified by E-mail with the invitation.
- Invitees need to make sure their login ID & password to enter the virtual platform.
FAQs for STUDENTS
- I do not speak Japanese but can I participate ?
- Apart from business-level English at least, We require NO Japanese language proficiency to participate in ACF. Be advised that you confirm with each attending company at their booth since they all have different language requirements.
- I want to work in Japan. Are all positions in Japan ?
- You’ll meet wide ranged career locations since it all depends on each company’s strategy. You may find positions in Japan, ASEAN subsidiaries, or other branches located in other parts of the world. We strongly recommend you to find out locations as well as career paths by communicating with each firm.
- What should I prepare for/bring to the event ?
- Many top Japanese companies will be making presentations at their booth, so visit as many companies as you can during the day. If you find a company that attracts you, present your CV and ask for an interview. Prepare your digital CV on your PC or device and other personal statements in order to appeal yourself fully.
- How are the interviews conducted and what happens afterwards ?
- Interviews will usually be conducted through online interview tools operated by each attending company, however, some companies may choose to have separate interviews after the event or on a separate day through online interview tools. Please check with each company during the event.
- What else should I remember ?
- The organizers, supporting organizations and cooperating universities will not bear full responsibility in cases that any accidents not related to the event occur.